Today at approximately 2:20 pm EST all cell phones; radios, and TVs in the United States are to begin a test of its national emergency broadcast system. Now if you’re sensitive to loud noises; hiding a phone for whatever reason, or simply don’t want to hear the sound — follow along we’ve got you covered.
To avoid the sound because it is just a test…
You can do any of the following.
1. Turn it on airplane mode
2. Turn it off (for at least 30 minutes from 2:19pm onward.)
Simply turning it on silent and stuff doesn’t work. If the phone has a data connection you’re getting the test and sound.
- Over the next several days we will be addressing some of the questions left in our guestbook
- Explainer: How to (correctly) pitch your business or service to us in hopes of a partnership or more
- ALERT: We are suspending all retail pet services in New York City because of the life threatening storm
- New Features: Our Accessibility Functions Are Now Fully Functional